A will to end poverty
Making a will is serious business, until you imagine the joy that your legacy will bring to generations of people living in poverty!
At Baptist World Aid we dream of a world where extreme poverty has ended and all people enjoy fullness of life.
“It’s hard to imagine a way my legacy could have a more life-transforming impact for people truly in need, than by entrusting a bequest to Baptist World Aid.” Mick Turnbull, Board Chair
We believe this is God’s heart for every person on the planet and we praise God as this becomes a reality for children, families, and communities around the world.
Do you also have a will to end poverty?
If the answer is yes, then there are a few things you will need to know. The correct wording is important, but you might have other questions too. Like, how much should I leave to my family, and how much to my favourite charities?
Baptist World Aid has pulled together some helpful information from Christian solicitors and supporters to help you navigate this territory.
To support Baptist World Aid Australia's work through a bequest, you can choose to include any of the following statements in your will:
- 'I give the whole of my estate to Baptist World Aid Australia Ltd.'
- 'I give ___ percent of my entire estate to Baptist World Aid Australia Ltd.'
- 'I give the sum of $___ to Baptist World Aid Australia Ltd.'
- 'I give the rest and residue of my estate to Baptist World Aid Australia Ltd.'
- 'I give ___ percent of the rest and residue of my estate to Baptist World Aid Australia Ltd.'
And I declare that a receipt issued from the Proper Officer shall be a full and sufficient discharge to my executor or trustee for the said gift and my executor or trustee shall not be bound to see the application thereof.
This website does not offer legal advice and we encourage you to contact a solicitor for personal advice when putting together your will.